Draw & Paint with GLASS on STEEL – Alisa Looney Mar. 21- Mar. 24
Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:00 am to Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 4:00 pm EDT$646.00 – $760.00
Set yourself free with granular spray, sgraffito and watercolor enamel techniques Achieve Fine Detail on Wall Relief (Spirit Mask), Panels and Jewelry Steel is versatile, affordable and fun to work with!
Achieve the fine detail you have dreamed of, with ease and control when drawing images, textures and marks in the white layer by using the granular spray and sgraffito methods. Participants will get plenty of time to practice while creating Panels, Spirit Mask Wall Relief, and their choice of Pendant, brooch and/or Earrings. You will learn to add depth and color to these drawings by painting with Watercolor Enamels, layering and highlighting with a scribe. Painting with liquid enamels will also be introduced.
- Designing, cutting, shaping, punching and sanding cold-rolled steel
- Cleaning steel for enameling
- Applying ground coat to the steel, coating both sides
- Drying and firing ground coat
- Preparing liquid enamel 533 for spraying
- Granular spray application of white layer, techniques and tools
- Proper pinning to cardboard to protect the fresh sprayed surface
- Sgraffito techniques – scribing marks and images into the granular layer using hand-made tools, brushes, combs and found objects
- Making a Pin-Pen tool for sgraffito.
- Watercolor enamels – painting over the fired white drawing, learn how to achieve a smooth continuous color area, layering for depth, adding texture and highlights using additional sgraffito techniques.
- Suggested Firing temps for the different enamel types and thicknesses
- Learn Hanging firing methods vs using a trivet
- Stoning the edges for a smooth finish
Alisa Looney , ENAMELIST
If cancelled within 30 days of the workshop, no refunds are issued. If cancelled more than 30 days prior to the workshop, a refund (less a $60 service fee) may be issued if the workshop is fully booked, not including your registration.
If you qualify for a refund, you may apply the total amount to a future workshop conducted in the next 12 months (service fee waived).
Registrations are not transferable.
The Foundation reserves the right to cancel any workshop due to insufficient enrollment and will notify students of any cancellation at least three weeks prior to the start of the workshop. In the event that WWCEF (The Foundation) cancels a workshop the student will receive a full refund.
The Foundation cannot be responsible for airline tickets or other travel costs in the event of a cancellation.
The Foundation is committed to the safety of all students. A series of informational safety procedures have been established for all studio areas that involve some risk of injury in the use of certain equipment. Your instructor will go over safety procedures during your workshop but we would also like for you to be aware of your workshop’s risks before you register for a workshop. As a condition of registration we ask that you read the ‘Safety Procedures Policy’ and acknowledge that you have done so upon registration.
The Foundation makes every effort to ensure students have a safe and meaningful experience while participating in our activities. However, some aspects of work done at The Foundation can involve a certain amount of risk. Work is done with hot equipment i.e. furnaces, kilns and torches. To safeguard The Foundation we ask students to release The Foundation from liability and voluntarily take on the assumption of risk. As a condition of registration we ask that you read the ‘Release of Liability and Voluntary Assumption of Risk’ and acknowledge that you have done so upon registration.
By clicking ‘Buy Now’ you acknowledge that you have read and understand the terms above including the ‘Safety Procedures Policy’ and ‘Release of Liability and Voluntary Assumption of Risk’.
This website has a secure website payment system. You will receive a confirmation email after payment.
You also have the option of calling us and paying by check or credit card. A $35 fee will be charged for cancelled checks. Call 859-291-5901 and ask for Tom.